Saturday, June 27, 2009
Respect
Respect is esteem for, or a sense of the worth or excellence of, a person, a personal quality, ability, or a manifestation of a personal quality or ability. Defined by wikipedia. I recently used this word in a conversation with my 15 year old daughter, and I will at an appropriate time with my other two beautiful girls. As time goes by, my oldest little miss seems to push and push more and more to experience life at a quicker pace....such is 2009 for youth today. I am hanging on by as many threads as I can, but it is exhausting. My recent conversation with her was short but sweet with regards to herself....body and mind. I said to her "Portray respect to yourself and your body in the way you act, dress and conduct yourself or no one else will." I wanted her to know that the way you dress and act will tell others how you expect to be treated and what you are willing to accept in your life by way of acquaintances, career, social situations etc. I can not imagine, the literal (academic) genius that she is, that she does already "get that" so it is my hope that at least 60% of the advice I give to each of my little misses they will carry. That is all I ask, because that is slightly more than half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bittersweet!
My little miss #2 1st Homecoming!
My Blog List
What is your Definition of Happy?
If I could only freeze time
Summer 2010
Campfire and Camping All Weekend
they just can't get enough-so so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment